The student news site of Analy High School

Tiger Times

Food For The Common Dude- Spooky Treat

School has started, schedules are becoming busier and busier, and there simply isn’t enough time to get everything done. So, what happens to that love of baking that I know each and every one of us secretly fosters? Well, it gets replaced! Suddenly silly thing like Calculus homework and English projects are taking priority. This is simply an abomination!

Luckily for you, our specialized Analy food-scientists have found the easy solution to this problem: SPOOKY* 15-MINUTE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!! Yes, you read that right. I know, it sounds too good to be true, but these delicious concoctions are 100% real and 200% guaranteed to give you a sugar rush!

Ingredients:

• 1 bar of dark chocolate(usually bars that are 70% or higher are vegan, but check the ingredients if it’s a concern!)
  • A splash of coconut oil
  • Peanut or nut butter of your choice

Method:

1. Line a muffin tray with paper cups.
  2. In a saucepan(or the microwave), melt your chocolate adding a little coconut oil so that the chocolate won’t rub off on your hands when you’re eating the peanut butter cups. Be sure to stir regularly.
  3. Once the mixture is liquid, pour a thin layer of chocolate into each paper liner of the muffin tray, saving about half of the blend for the top layer. Pop ’em into the freezer for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate is hard.
  4. After removing from the freezer, place a small dollop of nut butter(about a teaspoon) in the center of each chocolate disk.
  5. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the top, making sure that all of the peanut butter is covered. Put back in the freezer and leave for about 10 minutes.
  6. ENJOY!

(Please note that 11/10 doctors recommend making these SPOOKY*VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS.)

*I was required by my editor to add halloween spirit to this otherwise unspirited dessert. She threatened to stab me with candy corn if I didn’t. Help me.